Clothing is so important to a great image... I LOVE color! I recommend wearing layers as much as possible to add interest and texture. Add elements with a texture such as chunky sweaters, buttons, ribbon, etc.
Accessorize!! Bring out your funky boots, yellow heels, jewelry, blazer, hats, scarves, mittens, etc. These types of accessories can really make a simple photography SO MUCH better! Please avoid large logos or cartoon characters on your clothing as it distracts from the true subject of the image!
For Family sessions I recommend picking a few colors and sticking to them for the entire family. Matching too much can look a little overdone, the key is to coordinate, not to look like clones! :-) If you need additional help, just ask me... I'd love to give you some additional tips and recommendations!
What to Bring
1. Bring clothing for ALL the seasons. Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter. Yes, all of them.
2. Bring winter stuff even when its 110 degrees outside. Remember, in the studio we can crank up the A/C
3. Everything on hangers. Wrinkled clothing does not photograph well.
4. Hats, scarfs, coats, jackets, sweaters
5. Hobby stuff, guitars, sunglasses
6. School stuff – instruments, footballs, helmets, bats, volleyballs, golf bag, etc.
7. Make up, lip gloss, powder...
Why In-Studio Portraits?